Welcome to the Zenkipay legal center. Here you will find information about how we handle our users’ privacy, the Zenkipay service conditions, and the user’s commitment when using the Zenkipay platform.
Scope and Consent
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes the ways Zenkipay (“Zenkipay,” “we,” “us,” “our”) collects, stores, uses, and protects information. Zenkipay services include merchant processing services and other services, websites, products, and any other features, technologies, or functionalities, including customer support, Zenkipay Trade Assurance Center (ZTAC), (“other services”) offered by us. This notice applies to https://zenkipay.io and all other Zenkipay sites on which it appears (the “Sites”).
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries or territories where we operate to reflect local rules and legal requirements.
We may process information from the following users:
- Visitors to our Sites;
- Merchants who sign up for our Services (“Merchants” means any business or persons that uses our Services to process payments.
- Shoppers of Merchants (“Shoppers” represents individuals who indirectly interface with Zenkipay when paying at the merchant checkout page or when requesting a refund from a Merchant when creating a Zenkipay account;
- Payees (e.g., employees, contractors, vendors, or exchange customers) who request a payment (“Payout”) via cryptocurrency from a Merchant and create a Zenkipay account.
What kind of information do we collect?
We collect different kinds of information when users interact with us. The information we collect depends on the type of user. We collect the data you choose to provide to us when interacting with all our Services. We may also collect information automatically from your devices. The following sections provide you with some more information.
1. Visitors of Our Sites
We may collect the following information relating to visitors to our Sites:
● Technical information, including IP address; the type of browser, devices, and operating systems you use; identifiers associated with the device(s) you use to access our Sites; the pages you visit and the features you use; access dates and times; and if you navigated from or navigate to another website, the address of that website; and information regarding your internet service provider
● Email address (e.g., when you subscribe to our blog or opt-in to receive other marketing materials)
● Phone number (e.g., when you contact our sales team or media team or opt into our media list)
● Full name (e.g., when you submit a support request)
2. Merchants (including business accounts and personal accounts)
During our digital onboarding process, we may collect the following information of the beneficial owner or any user that is added to an account of a Merchant. The elements we collect depend on our compliance analysis, type of account, and risk profile.
● Full name of the beneficial owner
● Full names of authorized users
● Merchant email address (business domain preferred but non-business domain accepted)
● Certificate Of Incorporation
● Power of attorney designating the person(s) that control the entity
● Smartphone number
● The ID of the beneficial owner and authorized user(s)
● Biometric recognition to validate the ID Card
● Domain name
● Tax ID (if applicable in a specific country)
● Proof of business
● Proof of address, if not evident in the above documents.
We may use this information for risk management purposes (i.e., to verify Merchant’s identity or address) or comply with laws and regulations, including those applicable to financial services institutions. We may also obtain information about our Merchants from third-party identity verification and fraud prevention services, such as Veriff and relevant Aggregators.
3. Shoppers of Merchants
We may collect information when a Shopper indirectly interfaces with Zenkipay to pay at a Merchant’s checkout page or request a refund on the ZTAC.
When you pay at any merchant that has Zenkipay technology-enabled, we collect:
● Technical information including IP addresses used to view the Zenkipay checkout widget; the type of browser, devices, and operating systems you use; identifiers associated with the device(s) you use to access our sites; the pages you visit, and the features you use; access dates and times; and if you navigated from or navigate to another website, the address of that website; and information regarding your internet service provider
● Products purchased and the price at the relevant Merchant
● Email address
● Crypto wallet address
When you request a refund, we collect:
● Email address
● Crypto wallet address
● Zenkipay transaction ID
We may collect this information either from the Merchant or directly from the Shopper. Collecting this information supports our ability to provide our Services. This enables our system to send an email to Shoppers directly to obtain a cryptocurrency refund address in case of a payment exception (e.g., overpayments, underpayments, disputes, clarifications, etc.). This also creates a seamless payment experience for the Merchant and the Shopper.
4. Additional Collection
Zenkipay may collect additional information in connection with its efforts to combat fraud and illegal activity or comply with laws and regulations. Additionally, Zenkipay may collect information regarding the effectiveness of our email and other communications. For example, we may know if you follow a link in any email we send to you. We may also obtain information about you from other third parties. This information may include your use of this Site or all of our Services. We may also collect information about former, existing, and prospective vendors and customers (“Partners”). This includes limited personal information about employees and agents of such Partners (“Partner Employees”) at the beginning and throughout the course of the Partner relationships, such as professional contact information.
We may collect information about your activities on our sites via first and third-party cookies, clear GIFs, web beacons, or other identifiers or technologies, including similar technologies as they evolve. We refer to these technologies collectively as cookies.
Why we collect personal information?
We use the information we collect to operate our business, provide our Services for other purposes as permitted or required by law and provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use your information to
● Provide our Services (including customer support);
● Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
● Resolve disputes, clarifications, refunds, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
● Communicate with you about our Services and business and inform you of matters necessary for your account and use of the Sites. We also use your data to respond to any questions, comments, or requests you file with us and the handling of any complaints;
● Comply with applicable laws and regulations;
● Establish, exercise, and defend legal claims;
● Monitor and report compliance issues;
● Customize, measure, and improve our business, the Services, and the content and layout of our website and applications (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing, and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services, and websites; ensuring the security of our networks and information systems; performing accounting, auditing, invoicing, reconciliation and collection activities; and improving and maintaining the quality of our customer services);
● Perform data analysis;
● Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences, and measure their effectiveness. To approach you via email for marketing purposes, we request your consent unless it is not required by law. You always have the option to unsubscribe from our mailings, e.g., via the unsubscribe link in our newsletter;
● Perform risk management, including comparing information for accuracy and verifying it with third parties and protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
● Enforce our contractual terms.
● Enforce the mandates and requirements of the authority when required.
How we protect and store personal information
We take the security of our information seriously. We use administrative, technical, and physical security designed to safeguard personal information in our possession, and we maintain internal policies and procedures to address our data security. We cannot guarantee the security of the information we collect and store. We will notify relevant authorities and users in case of a data breach if required under applicable law.
We retain data as required or permitted by law, and we may include identification for five years or more after an account has been closed or become dormant.
How we share data with third parties
We may disclose the information we gather with our affiliates and third parties. For example, we may share information with:
● Other Zenkipay services, including to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies and to guide decisions about our products, services, and communications;
● Service providers who help with our business operations and deliver our Services, such as cloud service providers providing cloud infrastructure; providers of ID verification solutions and other due diligence solutions; providers of customer service solutions; providers of website analytics; and providers of marketing automation platforms;
● We may also share certain Shopper information with our Merchants, for example, in cases of suspected fraud or connection with an ongoing investigation.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing information may be less stringent than in your country. Transfer of EU data may be subject to additional legal protections we have put in place.
As of the last updated date of this Notice, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers. Therefore, we do not respond to such signals or other mechanisms that provide the ability to exercise choice regarding collecting personally identifiable information regarding your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can click the “unsubscribe” link usually found at the bottom of the e-mail or send an email to [email protected]. However, you may still receive other communications from us as permitted or required by law.
Changes to this Notice
We may amend this Notice at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. You are responsible for periodically reviewing this Notice.
You may contact us with questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices at [email protected]